Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Tynemouth United Football Club app


Under 16 Blues - Match centre

Wallsend Community
Tynemouth United Football Club
Full time
L Anderson (55'), R Higginson (75')
Sun 17 Feb 11:00 - Friendly




The Blues travelled to face Wallsend Community in a hastily arranged Subsidiary friendly.
Missing Ross Watson through injury and the suspended Thomas Taylor the coaches had to shuffle the pack and adopt a 3-5 2 formation.
Wallsend started the brighter with Tynemouth making some silly mistakes but just when it seemed that they had weathered the storm, indecision from the visiting keeper allowed the community forward to run through and slot the ball into an empty net.
Tynemouth continued to push forward and were unlucky on a couple of occasions, Ben Carr's shot from distance winning a corner and Higginson went close with a good crosshot.
Perhaps this adventurous play was their undoing as Wallsend broke away to score a second goal. just before halftime Adam Watson unleashed a screaming shot destined for the top corner only to see the home keeper dive acrobatically and tip it around the angle.
2-0 down at half time was not just reward for the effort the Blues had put in.
With the wind and slope in their favour now Tynemouth took the game to their hosts and whilst not creating any clear cut chances they were always in the game
The Community central midfielder (21) was causing problems with his decisive running and passing skills and in truth Tynemouth never got to grips with him in the middle of the park all afternoon despite differing strategies being put in place by the coaches. Nevertheless overall Tynemouth were dealing well with the threat Wallsend were offering up front and on 55 minutes Howells won a good ball in the centre of the park, immediately finding Davies who in turn played Liam Anderson in on goal. The home keeper did well to block his shot but the rebound cannoned off him into the back of the net 1-2 game on
As Tynemouth pushed forward for the equaliser Wallsend were causing problems on the counter and from one of these quick breaks the home striker was through on goal, and despite the best efforts of Given and Dickinson he managed to squeeze his shot over the line 3-1 to Wallsend.
Matters were to get worse shortly afterwards when the home winger won a free kick out on the right and while Tynemouth were trying to organise themselves he whipped in a quick cross that the unfortunate Given headed past his own keeper
4-1 down Tynemouth had little to play for except their pride and were rewarded 5 minutes from time when Higginson latched on to a good through ball from Watson to prod the ball into the roof of the net.
Despite a flurry of late corners Tynemouth were not able to add to their tally and went down 4-2
This was a much needed, very competitive game after 3 weeks without a game and overall Tynemouth did not let themselves down against a top half team from the league above. Opposition MOM went to Ryan Higginson with Joe Howells voted as coaches MOM by Doug in Keiths absence (refereeing)

Key moments

Goal Liam Anderson scores for Tynemouth United Football Club
Goal Ryan Higginson scores for Tynemouth United Football Club


View 0 new events
75:00 Assist
Adam Watson makes an assist for Tynemouth United Football Club
75:00 Goal 0 - 2
Ryan Higginson scores for Tynemouth United Football Club
55:00 Goal 0 - 1
Liam Anderson scores for Tynemouth United Football Club
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Wallsend Community
  • Tynemouth United Football Club
  • 0
  • Liam Anderson Goal 55:00'
  • Ryan Higginson Goal 75:00'
  • Adam Watson Assist 75:00'

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments


Club sponsors